Anthony Stewart Dias

Events, Reflections, Ideas, Dreams & Aspirations

Monday, February 28, 2005

Essays for College - Life is Hectic

I haven't posted in a while, mostly because I've been wracking my brains trying to write essays for getting into art school. I don't understand why, but I have always had a hard time writing essays for certain assignments. This 'assignment' is my own though, and I am determined finish the application process at least for the one school I want to go to the most. The Art Center in Pasadena, California. This school is one of the best art schools in the world, equivalent to Harvard or Yale but for art. Just glancing through the course catalog makes me excited about the possibility of going there.

So my essays should be done soon, then I'll have to do a last round of drawings for my portfolio and send the whole package in. If I don't get in this fall, I plan to do something drastic like move to Los Angeles or maybe I'll take up Fish's offer to live at Camp MayMac. Either way, I'll keep trying to get into the school until they accept me.

Either that or I'll be a security guard all my life. How fulfilling :)

Oh yeah, just in case, being a guard isn't tha bad at all, I do have a decent job for which I'm greatful.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Spike: Here's a list of some of my all-time favorite comedies:
    -Raising Arizona
    -O Brother, Where Art Thou
    -Schindler's List
    -This is Spinal Tap
    -Blazing Saddles
    -Rushmore
    -The Royal Tenenbaums
    -Office Space
    -A Hard Day's Night (the Beatles' first movie)
    -School of Rock
    -High Fidelity
    -Bottle Rocket
    -The Philadelphia Story
    -Annie Hall

    My blog address is www.livejournal.com/users/citizendrummond

    I'll go over there now and post some more in-depth thoughts on one or two of these movies.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Erra-erra-spiggy-spiggy-Spike!
    Dude, I bought this documentary called Scatch, about DJ/turntabling and it's AWESOME, yes, deserving of all caps. I highly recommend you go and buy it. If not, I'm bringing it to camp and we're watching it.
    I'm starting to really want to invest some money is techno/beat based music and need some in-depth recommendations. I like the whole DJ/sampling stuff like DJ Shadow, so anything you can recommend in that vein, I'm game.

    And my friend Adam has decided to apply to camp. Seeing that he's a guy, what do you think his chances of getting hired are?

    DJ gEaR

     

Post a Comment

<< Home