Anthony Stewart Dias

Events, Reflections, Ideas, Dreams & Aspirations

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

My Mother's Recovery

Two days ago, I had a chance to speak with my mother over the phone. She sounded very happy to be done with the surgery but also got a bit emotional as she was recounting the events leading up to the gall-stone operation and afterwards. I couldn't help but feel her frustrations and (ultimately) relief resulting from many visits to the doctors over the last year.

For a long time, the doctors (American and Moroccan) couldn't figure out what was wrong with my mom. Some even suggested that my mom may have had some sort of psychological disorder. I couldn't believe this, I mean, how could they say the pain my mom felt wasn't real? Some said it was stress related -that's got to be true, raising 5 kids must be STRESSFUL :)

I'm glad that there was a doctor who let my mom know that in his opinion, she had gallstones. The crazy thing is, My mom had never visited this doctor, he just happens to be a family member of children at my dad's school (He is either the father or uncle of a student).

That's pretty cool -it shows that there is definitely a sense of community among the Teachers, Parents and Students. (I can't wait to teach there in a few years, but I'll write about that some other time)

Anyway, I thank God for watching over my little mommy and making sure she's ok. I also thank all the people who supported us in prayer during this time, we really appreciate it.
-Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home