Anthony Stewart Dias

Events, Reflections, Ideas, Dreams & Aspirations

Friday, October 01, 2004

Trance Music

Gear asked for a reccomendation of great drawing music. Giggles has also asked for a list, so I finally put one together. I exported a playlist of my top rated iTunes tracks and made a simple table of it. (I don't have a cd-burner Gear, sorry!)

Well, specifically, I enjoy listening to Trance, not just any techno and not just any trance, but quality music, usually with a melody OR wicked cool beats and sound effects. Lyrics and voice play an important part in many of these songs but are not necessarily the focal point.

Here are some mixed albums that you can't go wrong with! Each of these sets comes with two CD's.

A State of Trance 2004 - mixed by Armin Van Buuren
[ Superb Quality & Uplifting Trance ]

Nyana - mixed by DJ Tiësto
[ Techno-ish & Uplifting Trance ]

Touched - mixed by George Acosta
[ Epic Trance & 'Dark' Trance ]

Trance Nation America Three
[ New Anthems, Exotic & Uplifting Trance ]

In Search of Sunrise 3 (Panama) - mixed by DJ Tiësto
[ Chilled Out Trance ]

Miami - mixed by George Acosta
[ Harder Beats Trance ]

Click Here to see my "5 Star Electronic Music" List

2 Comments:

  • At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks spiggy-spiggy-Spike! I just downloaded a van Buuren track from iTunes and will check out more shortly. I can tell drawing to this stuff will be awesome. Chill, yet it keeps my attention. If you messin' around iTunes, check out the Postal Service. They're more pop, but electronic just the same. Definitely not trance. I recommend the song "Nothing Better." And you can download their stuff from www.subpop.com. Just search for the Postal Service.
    we'll talk on the phone this week...
    W

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    spike, I didn't have your email handy, so here is my email for the day. won't post anything personal since people can see it. i will try and post tomorrow or sunday or we can talk on the phone tomorrow, how does that sound? sorry, I have to meet someone right now. talk to you soon.
    w

     

Post a Comment

<< Home