Anthony Stewart Dias

Events, Reflections, Ideas, Dreams & Aspirations

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

ON HOLD: Boycott Nokia & Siemens and any other company that deals with IRAN

EDIT
This morning, I am learning that there is conflicting information coming from the news reports about this whole Nokia-Siemens thing, so I may be wrong in calling for a Boycott.

However, I stand by my comments against the Ayatollah and the Iranian government in general.

Comments and thoughts welcome.

End EDIT


Hello everybody.

I should be sleeping, but I can't. I keep thinking about what's going on in Iran and wondering what I can do about it.

I am not really interested in the US military getting into a Nuclear war with Iran, and I think that Obama's response (or lack-there-of) is actually a good thing for the moment.

However, after watching this Neda Agha-Soltan and Another Man Shot by Basij Member(YouTube), I am convinced that I must do my part as a human being to speak up for those who are being muzzled by the so-called "Ayatollah" Ali Khamenei. The Basij is a paramilitary force founded by the order of the Ayatollah Khomeini in November 1979(wikipedia).

Not surprisingly, there are many European countries that do trade with Iran. Two particular European or rather multi-national companies have played a huge role in helping the Iranian government tyrannize, intimidate and kill protesters.

They are Nokia and Siemens. You can read what they have been doing here (Wall Street Journal).

In light of this information, I am boycotting both of these companies and I encourage you to do the same.

I also encourage you to visit their contact pages and let them know what you think.

Contact Siemens
Contact Nokia


You know, I really should be talking about how I recently got married and about the summer reception that is coming up. Too bad these idiots running Iran are messing with my conscience!

And, yes, I called the Ayatollah and his buddies idiots. Do I have the right to say that?

Oh, and I am by no means a Mousavi supporter... but compared to Ahmadinejad... talk about lesser of two evils...

peace and freedom,
-Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home