Anthony Stewart Dias

Events, Reflections, Ideas, Dreams & Aspirations

Friday, February 06, 2004

Making Music with Reason 2.5 Demo

I just got home from work. I made a song on my computer with Reason 2.5 (the 20 minute Demo version). It's a musically limited song, just a cool and heavy house/break beat with a repetetive acidic bass line in C minor. I like it. It sounds tight. The 2 bar loop still plays in the background, and it will continue to play until I press the (Quit) button reminding me that I could only play for 20 minutes. Nobody will have ever heard my song. (Unless Esteban gets home soon).

At least I got to practice my guitar and play along to the infectious beat. Eventually, I'll buy the software. Maybe when 3.0 comes out. I sense that now is not the time. I need to save my money, prioritize, whatever.

This is my first web-log ever. The concept is still pretty amazing to me. Somewhat mysterious... yet exciting.

- Tony

"For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." - Paul

1 Comments:

  • At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm starting to read these blogs, because i'm trying to connect with the past as i always do..... unlike david i actually thought this one was very interesting..... i'm listening to l.a. story on that old tape recorder that i have...... i was thinking about some day being in charge of N*soul records..... who knows maybe you me and Jeremiah can bring it back like the old days

     

Post a Comment

<< Home